Monday, June 3, 2013


May 25th race.  In El Dorado Springs at Camp Galilee.  The race was the 3rd and last in the Yeti, Set, Run series put on as a fundraiser for the camp.  It was a 20k trail run.  Staying at the campground was part of the fun.  No TV or cell service.  We brought our own linens and had a fantastic time.  The kids were forced to talk to us.  LOL.  Great run for everyone.  We are so very blessed.  I love running trails.  There's something about the quietness, solitude and the beauty of being in the woods that allows His "whispers" to be heard.   In those times when I can feel Him beside me, I have to fight tears.  That's when I smile and bask in His presence and keep on running.  






 Prerace morning
 The night before.  Only 4 beds for 8 people.  Praise God we found an air mattress.  Hopee and I had quite the restful night on the floor. Strange, it was easier when I was 12.  lol
 We explored the campground and had a fun evening.



All dressed up and ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment