Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The last Word

“He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon.’ Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.” Revelation 22:20 NIV


Related image
Following the death of beloved runner Gabriele “Gabe” Gruneweld yesterday, Runners World Magazine tweeted,"A year ago @gigrunewald gave an indication of what she wished to leave behind for the communities she cherished-cancer survivors and runners. ‘What am I going to be thinking about on my final days here? I just want to be proud of what I did. I hope what people mainly see is that you can still make something beautiful and something powerful out of a really bad situation. You can still find some good in it. I will never let cancer have the last word.'”

And you know what? Gabe was right. We should never let cancer have the last word... and it won’t. And you know why? Because, as the Bible clearly tells us, Jesus is coming soon. In fact, “Yes, I am coming soon” were His very last words to us in the Bible! And you know what that means? That means when Jesus returns as He promised, there will be no more disease, no more death, no more mourning or crying, and no more pain because He will make all things new.

I don’t know about you my friend but the thought that Jesus will ultimately have the last word brings me great comfort. Because, in a world filled with sickness, sadness and despair, it’s much easier to hold on and press through when we know how the story will end.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that this world is not all there is. Help us to stay faithful and courageous in the hard times Lord knowing that one day we will spend eternal life with You, in a place where death and disease have been eternally conquered. Lord I pray peace for Gabe’s family and friends today. Peace that comes from knowing her life was not lived in vain and that, if they have accepted you as Lord and Savior of their lives, they will see her again one day. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment