Sunday, June 23, 2019

Know you are Wonderful

"I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well." Psalm 139:14 HCSB


Image result for kc wonder woman race pic

As I stood at the starting line of the Wonder Woman Run in Kansas City early Saturday morning, I looked around at the hundreds of other "Wonder Women" surrounding me - females of all ages, shapes, sizes and fitness levels that had one thing in common... they all had the courage to step up to be there. You see, while a small minority of the ladies in the crowd, and throughout the country, might never have had to struggle with their weight or a negative self-image, the overwhelming majority of women have. That means nearly every woman (me included) at one point or another has looked in the mirror and said, "Why do I have to look this way? I’ll never amount to anything." 

But you know what I've finally come to realize and am passionate about sharing with others? "I have been remarkably and wonderfully made" by God and so have you! In fact, the Bible says that you and I (and all women) are one of those "works" that are "wonderful." And while the psalmist could boldly declare,"I know this very well," most women sadly can't. They simply don't know their value and so see themselves as less than wholly cherished and fully loved by their Maker. But you can be sure that's just not true my friend! God loves each and every one of us more than we will ever know. He even sent His own Son to prove it. 

So today let us choose to say, "I will praise You" Lord because I know that I was lovingly created by You. I know I am set apart. I know I am unique. I know I am wholly cherished, fully loved and I am a Wonder Woman because I am "remarkably and wonderfully made."  

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much. I pray that anyone struggling to feel worthy of that love today would truly understand the depth of this love that is not dependent on looking a certain way, weighing a certain amount, being a perfect spouse or parent or any other thing the world says we need to be to be loved or fulfilled. May we come to know very well that You love us just as we are. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment