Thursday, June 6, 2019

Pray for those who hurt you

"Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you." Luke 6:28 NLT


Image result for person praying pic

I have to tell you, nothing will ruin your runners' high faster than returning from a run to find that your car has been broken into and your purse stolen. "NO!" I shouted before beginning to cry and beat myself up. "Why didn't you just run from home today??" But then I remembered this... God is still on the throne and nothing is out of His control. And if this is what it takes to lead me to pray for someone, then I will pray for the person who stole from me. "And not only will I pray for you person who took my purse," I said out loud after coming to this realization, "I will ask all my friends to pray for you as well." And you know what? That's exactly what I did. 

And you know, praying for someone that hurts or wrongs us is hard. It goes directly against what our flesh wants to do and our minds say we are justified in doing. Wouldn't you agree? After all, the world says we should strike back at those who hurt us. But that's not what Jesus said we should do. Oh no! Jesus clearly said, "pray for those who hurt you." Why? Because interceding for them in prayer to the Father is the best way to bring them to the foot of the Cross. 

So pray for those who have hurt or wronged you my friend. Pray for God to bless them, pray for God to grow their love for Him, and pray that God would open the door for them to accept Him as their Lord and Savior. Oh can you just imagine how different our world would be if we all did that? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that nothing happens that You are not aware of and that situations like these are the very things that prompt us to pray for someone in need. Lord, I truly pray for the person or persons who stole my purse. I pray that they would come to know You as Lord of their lives and give You glory for the amazing way You arranged their prayer circle. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so very right, so I will pray daily for someone that has been causing strife in my family's life

    ReplyDelete