Tuesday, June 4, 2019

He can be trusted

"And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:12,13 NIV


Image result for rainbow pic
I totally love rain. I love the smell of it. I love the sound of it. I absolutely love running in it and I love how it makes the flowers grow. But after witnessing firsthand some of the flood (and tornado) damage that my county and those around it had experienced over the last week, I honestly was hoping we wouldn't be seeing any more of it for a while. So when I stepped out of the building where I had just finished a long session of aqua jogging very early yesterday morning, I was disheartened to see it coming down yet again. "Oh no," I thought. "This is most definitely not going to help with the cleanup efforts." But then I turned the corner and there it was... the most beautiful rainbow I had seen in a long time. And you know what? It made me smile. 

And you know why it made me grin from ear to ear? Because it reminded me that God was still in control, you and I have nothing to fear, and His promises are always true. You see, after causing a great flood to cover the earth and destroy all of its' inhabitants because of their sinfulness, God made a promise to Noah and "all generations to come" that He would never again flood the earth in a way that would destroy all life. Would that mean that we would never again have any flooding? Of course not. God never promised us a life free from trials, troubles, tests, and natural disasters - but He did set a "rainbow in the clouds" to remind us that He always keeps his promises and is faithful to us and to our children.

So in a world that seems to be spinning out of control with a rapid rise in mass shootings, irregular weather patterns, drug abuse, and a growing disregard for God's laws, may you and I not fear my friend. God is still on the throne...  and that's a promise

Heavenly Father, thank You for the much needed reminder that You set in the clouds today. Oh how it refreshed my soul as I pray it did those of the many believers that witnessed it. Thank You for being a God that is always faithful and can always be trusted. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment