Thursday, June 27, 2019

The best Coach

"Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!" Romans 11:33 NLT


Image result for coach coaching runners pic

When a very sweet friend of mine sent me a message saying she had found a headband with the saying "Jesus is my running coach" and would be mailing it to me, I was beyond excited because it's absolutely true. And since it's one-hundred-percent true, I couldn't wait to wear it to give credit where credit is due... to the Lord. You see, while as a running coach I research and write down in-depth plans for other runners, I don't do, and have never done, the same for myself. Through countless marathons (including three Boston finishes) and too many ultra-marathons, trail runs and other runs to count, I have simply relied on the Lord, listening closely to the Spirit's promptings, to instruct me on how fast or how far to run on any given day. And guess what? It's only by His grace and listening to His coaching that I ever achieved anything worthwhile. 

And you know, if a coach can be defined as a person who instructs or gives knowledge to and trains others, it only makes sense that you and I would want Jesus to be our coach. After all, the Bible clearly tells us that "God's riches and wisdom and knowledge" are so great that it's "impossible...for us to understand his decisions and his ways!" And that's why Jesus makes the perfect coach! He has infinite knowledge of all things (including running). He understands all the things we don't. He knows what's best for us. And the only thing you and I have to do to gain this perfect instruction is to listen for His voice. 

I don't know about you my friend, but knowing Jesus is there to give me perfect instruction totally makes me smile. But do you know what makes me smile even more? Knowing that no matter how far you and I run, what time we run, where we run, or what pace we run, Jesus is the type of coach who will always run with us. So if you haven't made him Head Coach of your life, won't you do so today? I promise it will be the best decision you will ever make. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You hold all wisdom and so can be trusted to instruct us in the way that is perfect for us. Give us a hunger and a thirst for your Word daily Lord that we might come to know You better and learn to listen and recognize Your voice that we might heed the instructions You give us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment