Friday, June 14, 2019

Fear only God

"'Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28 NLT


Image result for woman running alone pic
When Amanda Deibert moved from central Los Angeles to Burbank, one of the biggest perks, she said, was having access to an amazing urban running/bike path that traveled through the center of her new neighborhood. It’s a few miles long, well-lit, and features a lot of lovely flowers. It’s ideal for running, walking, rollerblading, or taking a family bike ride. Yet, I still wasn’t AT ALL surprised when a woman in my neighborhood-specific online “mommy group” asked the rest of us what we carry with us for protection when we go for a run. When Amanda later tweeted about the exchange, she wasn't shocked the tweet went viral saying, "Worrying about safety, while just doing something as simple as trying to exercise, is a universal experience of being a woman out in the world."

And you know, with rape, murder and abduction at an all-time high, it's easy to see why many women and even men live in constant fear of bodily harm. But you know what they should really fear? "God." The only One” who can destroy both soul and body in hell." You see, our time on earth is short at best. And when you and I die, either by accident, natural causes or by being murdered, we will still live on in eternity - an eternity that, by our decision to either follow Christ or reject Him now, will be spent in either heaven or in hell.

So most definitely take precautions to keep yourself safe while running my friend. But remember, there is nothing to fear in death if you've placed your trust in the one true God. For He, alone, is the keeper of our souls and the One who determines where they will rest.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that everyone who has placed their trust in You has nothing to fear about death but that those who haven't accepted You as Lord have everything to fear about it. If there's someone reading this today that has not made the decision to follow You, I pray that at this very moment they would say, "Jesus. I accept You into my life right now. I believe that You are the Son of God and I confess that I need You. Please forgive me of my sins and remind me that death is not the end." It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment