Tuesday, August 6, 2024

BASS PRO MIDWEEK MOTIVATION - Meet Your 2024 Pacers

Hello runner friends!
Welcome back to the Bass Pro Fitness Series
MIDWEEK M😊TIVATI😊N blog!


Now let's get started by talking about a group of people who you might not even know existed but are getting trained up and ready to help get you to the finish line of the Bass Pro Marathon or Half this November. The Bass Pro Pacing Team is a group of individuals who love helping others fulfill their running dreams. They're encouraging. They’re fun. But, most importantly, they’re ready to get you from the start line to the finish line in the time you want to get there, with a smile on your face even! They really can make your 13.1 or 26.2 mile race more fun than you could ever imagine! So say hello to some of this amazing group (who will tell you why they enjoy pacing so much) and make plans to join them in the fall. You’ll be so glad you did!

So without further ado and in no particular order, here are your 2024 Bass Pro Marathon/Half pacers:


Greetings! Our names are Rich Palmer and Rachel Lyons, this will be the 4th time we have paced the Bass Pro Half Marathon. Little did we know that when we started running 15 years ago that it would become such a critical part of our life. We run because of how good it makes us feel, the sense of accomplishment we get after completing races, and to socialize with other fitness oriented people. We met through running as well as many other long term friends. There are so many benefits to running! We are excited to train with you this season and to help you crush your running goals! - Pacing the 3:00 half


We have both led the Nixa Running Group for 15+ years encouraging hundreds of runners to accomplish goals they never thought were possible. We bring that energy and encouragement to pacing as well and are grateful for the opportunity. - Chris and Shannon Cochran, pacing the 5:15 marathon group. 


I began my running journey at the beginning of this year and have since completed my first official marathon. I pushed my limits by taking on the David Goggins 4x4x48 challenge, adding an extra 2 miles to earn my first 50-mile belt buckle. This August, I aim to complete my first 100-mile ultra marathon. As a pacer for the 4-hour group, my pacing style is run-run-run, ensuring a steady and consistent pace to help you reach your marathon goals. It is an honor and privilege to serve all the runners who want to test themselves mentally, physically, and spiritually. - Kyle Stockton


I'm passionate about helping runners meet their goals and crossing the finish line! - Adam Irvin


Hi I'm Janet, I've been fortunate enough to run 5 marathons and many half marathons. I consider running a blessing and a joy. I am very excited to be a pacer for the Bass Pro half marathon 2:45 pace group. We'll be having fun as we run together as a group and meet our goals. - Janet Clements


My name is Weston McConnell and this is my 5th year pacing for Bass Pro Fitness Series (4:30 Marathon group). I am always excited to pace this race since this was my first full marathon I ever ran. Last year, I ended up pacing by myself because of a last minute injury with my pacing partner. I was surprised how much more engaged I was with all of the other runners around me. Pacing solo or in a group, I love this race and our local running community. I am born and raised in Springfield. After college I moved around to several states doing various Americorps internships. Moving back to Springfield in my Late 20's I wanted to find a way to connect with others. I found that running has allowed me to do just that. Springfield has a wide variety of running groups and social runs throughout the week, I never have to go running by myself unless I choose to do so. Cheers-


I am pacing the 6 hour group. I have been running for 23 years and have raced everything from the mile to 150 miles. I love helping people reach their goals and finding something in themselves they didn’t know they had. The Bass Pro marathon holds a special place in my heart because it is where I earned my marathon PR, at the inaugural race in 2007. - Rachel Baker


Hi I’m Kayla and I’ve been part of the Springfield area running community since 2020 and I currently co-lead the Nixa Running Group. I’ve completed 3 marathons and lost count how many half marathons! I’m excited to pace the 2:30 finish time for the Cohick Half. This is a fantastic event every year and I’m excited to meet new faces and help runners reach their racing goals. - Kayla Klein


I'm so excited to be pacing the 5-hour full marathon for the 2nd time! I have met some of the kindest and friendliest people through running, and I'm so grateful to be a part of our awesome running community. I look forward to helping others reach their goals this year! - Melissa Nunez


This will be my 7th time pacing the Bass Pro Half Marathon and my 5th time pacing the 2 hour group. I love pacing because I enjoy helping people meet their running goals. - Randy Acklin


My name is Jonathan Atkins, and I've been running for nearly 20 years now (consistently for 10 years). I love the Bass Pro Fitness Series Races, and when given the opportunity to give back, it was a no-brainer. This is my 2nd year pacing, and I will be doing the 2-hour half. I love to help and encourage people to meet their goals. If your goal is to hit the 2hr half, please join me! P.S. the run community in the Ozarks is phenomenal! Come be a part of it.


I'm pacing the 5 hour marathon with Melissa Nunez. I've been running over 25 years and this will be my first time as a pacer. I enjoy both trail running and road running and always look forward to Bass Pro Marathon Weekend. Running with Melissa is always a fun time and we look forward to helping others achieve their goals. - Amanda Snow Doty


As my second time pacing the Bass Pro Conservation Marathon, I will be sharing my running passion with all that join me in their 5:45 marathon or better time goal. As a World Master Athlete with over 46 years of competitive and coaching running experience, I have paced over 50 marathons and half-marathons nation-wide. (Galloway Pace Team, Marathon Pacing Team and Bass Pro Conservation Pace Team). My pacing/racing style is run-walk-run. A very efficient method for both new and veteran runners. For this running event I will be completing my 50th marathon. So, I expect that I will be excited with all I am fortunate to coach and pace to the finish. This will be a journey of Celebration for all that will partner with me; hopefully, to their personal best day or best finish ever. - David Hardwick – Galloway Ambassador & World Master


 Charlie Hungerford, Pacing 2:15 for the Cohick Half Marathon I’ve been running for about 12-13 years and really enjoy the opportunity to give back by helping other runners achieve goals in their distance and time.


I am one of the pacers for the 6:00 time slot at Bass Pro Marathon this year. I have run over 20 marathons and paced Bass Pro at least 4 previous times. It is fulfilling to me to help runners achieve a goal. Having run with pacer groups many times myself, I understand how helpful they can be. I want to help runners enjoy the experience and accomplish something that they desire. - Kathy Carroll


I run because it is therapy for me. I love pacing because it brings me joy to see others accomplish goals they set for themselves or even beat them. There is no better feeling than watching your pace group or end of race stragglers cross over that finish line! I've been running since 2014! I completely a marathon or more almost every weekend. I clocked in about 2100 miles in 2022! My heart is out running on the trails in Arkansas. I eventually want to complete a 100k trail run, but so far have only finished a 50-miler twice. (2022 - 11:35 & 2023 - 11:30) - Erica Rayne Ashley


And last but not least, yours truly and Jody Rhodes (to my right)…..

Jody and I are once again pacing the Bass Pro 5:30 Marathon group and we couldn’t be more excited!!! Helping runners get to the finish line with a smile on their faces is something we love doing! Bass Pro is hands down our favorite marathon and we hope it will be yours too!! I can’t promise that completing 26.2 miles will be easy, but I can promise you that Jody and I will do our best to make you laugh along the way and have a good time. Jody and I are happiest when we're running and it shows!!


So there you have it friends. Bass Pro Pacers are famous for a reason! They love getting you to the finish line… on time… every time. And also want you to leave the racecourse with some great memories. And best yet, they will help you run a consistent pace throughout the entire race which is of great benefit to all runners, but especially to first-timers. So determine your goal time for the half or the full marathon and then line up behind the person whose job it is to get you there. You’ll be so glad you did!

Happy Running!

Enter






No comments:

Post a Comment