Monday, September 2, 2024

All Glory to God

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20 NLT



With less than four miles to go before completing another Labor Day Marathon run for fun (something that has become an annual tradition), I glanced at a text that came up on my smart watch that read “Go Team Sharp — it’s not a belt buckle, it’s not a medal, it’s not a trophy… it’s a foo-foo coffee from Midway!!! Thank you Midway for being open on Labor Day.” “Oh Maggie,” I thought to myself as I smiled, knowing this dear friend was picking up iced java for my husband and me, “You really know how to make a girl happy.” This surprise, you can be sure, made finishing the 26.2 mile run all the sweeter as I surely hadn’t expected to receive anything for my efforts (neither did my husband who crewed me on my adventure and shared 10 miles with me). I just wanted to complete the run and give God all the glory for it. But I’m not gonna lie…knowing that my favorite cold beverage was at the finish made me pick up the pace a bit. 

And you know, when it comes to finding ways to point the lost to Christ, you and I would do well to remember that God has given us all different talents to be used for His glory—and He will strengthen us to utilize those gifts to their fullest when we allow ourselves to be used. Especially when we acknowledge Him as the Giver of all good things. Which is the very reason Paul said that we, through God’s “mighty power at work within us,” can “accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” And it’s when His awesome power is displayed through our accomplishments that we can then say, “All glory to God!” Do you just love that or what? 

So don’t be afraid to step out in faith to use your gifts and your talents in big and mighty ways my friend. When your motive is to bring God glory and to lead the lost to Him, you’ll be amazed at the things you’ll be able to do “through his mighty power.” 

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us all different gifts and talents to be used for your glory. Help us all to understand what our God-given talents are Lord, and then to put in the work to hone those talents so that we can use them for your glory. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment