Sunday, June 2, 2024

Be Unashamed to Share the Good News

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16 CEV



In a story titled “Marathon training season is here again, and I’m even more annoying than last year” published Saturday, the writer had me laughing when she wrote, “I regret to inform you that I am training for another big race, and I have managed to become even more insufferable about it this year. For those who found themselves trapped in a conversation with me at any point last summer, that may be hard to believe. But I am, in fact, twice as annoying this training season for two reasons: First, I’m running the same marathon I ran last year and bring it up every chance I get. Like a tiger lurking in tall grass, waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting water buffalo, I wait in the wings of conversations for my chance to mention that I ran the St. George Marathon and would you believe that I’m doing it again?…”

And you know, all joking aside, when it comes to waiting in the wings of conversations for any chance to mention something that many might describe as “annoying,” you and I would do well to adopt the unwavering attitude of Paul who declared, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.” You see, there are many things you and I could talk about with the lost, like running or the weather, to keep the conversation ‘safe’, but no “thing” is more important to discuss than whether a person is saved. Which is the very reason we must be willing to risk the disapproval of man to share the Good News at every opportunity. It’s the only “thing” that has eternal importance!

So, be ready and willing to speak up every chance you get my friend. There are millions of people in our world who need to hear about the saving grace of Jesus Christ before it’s too late. And if we don’t tell them at the expense of facing shame, who will? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving us from our sins and giving us new life. Lord, help us to be so thankful for this that we would beckon all those who have not trusted you as their Savior to come to the foot of the Cross before it’s too late. Cause us to be unashamed and unapologetic, knowing that we might be labeled “annoying” for doing so. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment