Wednesday, March 8, 2023

We Must Issue the Warning

"So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, 'Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.' And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. And I was told, 'You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.'" Revelation 10:9-11 ESV


In an article titled “Florida Woman Sets Guinness World Record for Consecutive Ultramarathons” published Tuesday, the following was reported: Megan Cassidy, 41, set the Guinness World Record for the most consecutive days running an ultramarathon for a woman with 23 days, besting the previous record by 12. Katie Spotz held the previous record at 11 days. The Osceola News-Gazette reported that the Cassidy only stopped at 23 days because she had to go back to work. Cassidy, from Kissimee, Florida, logged 50 kilometers—31.1 miles— every day from December 17, 2022 to January 8, 2023, according to the News-Gazette… “Day 23 was bittersweet,” she told the News-Gazette. “I knew that it would be my last run and that on Monday I would have to go back to my desk at work. It ended up being my third fastest of the 23.”

And you know, when it comes to something that's bittersweet, John was given a vision (like Ezekiel) in which he was told to eat the scroll. The angel then said, "it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey." And indeed the taste was sweet in John's mouth because God's Word is sweet to all true believers. But knowing the destruction that would come upon all those who refused to believe, the Word in his stomach "was made bitter." As bitter as it was though, John was told, "You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings." 

So knowing the fate that awaits all unbelievers who stand before God on judgement day, let us be bold in warning of the destruction that is coming no matter the consequences. It's something that we must do if we truly love them. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that we are all watchmen assigned the task of warning the lost about the fate that awaits them if they refuse to accept Jesus as their Savior. Give us courage to speak words that most will not want to hear knowing that their eternity depends on it. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment