Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Change your title

"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17


Joe Zayas

After 13 months of treatment, Joe Zayas graduated from a Christian drug-treatment facility in July 2015 with a goal in mind... complete a marathon. And that's just what he did on October 9 when he crossed the finish line of the Twin Cities Marathon and earned the new title, 'Marathon Finisher.' Once a man who rarely finished anything he started, Zayas said, "I'm not who I used to be anymore. I used to have a needle in my arm, and now I'm running marathons." And not only has running earned him a new title and medal, Joe says the sport is instrumental in maintaining his sobriety by providing "a positive, but equally effective alternative." 

Wow, that's quite a transformation from the drug addicted man he once was isn't it? And while the transformation into a marathon runner took time, Joe became a new person the moment he accepted Christ as his Savior. He was no longer 'Joe, the lost drug addict', but, 'Joe, child of God, found, transformed, forgiven and free'. And the best part is that this transformation can take place for anyone. The Bible tells us that, "anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun." Did you get that anyone part? That means that any person, even you, can be transformed. 

So today, if you don't know Jesus Christ, won't you make the decision to become a new person? To allow Him to change you from the inside out and give you a new life free from addiction and the pain that accompanies it? 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the promise that anyone, no matter what they've done, can become a new person by trusting you as their Lord and Savior. I pray that if there's anyone who has not done so will today say, "Lord, I admit that I'm a sinner in need of salvation. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and I ask that you come into my heart today and change me from the inside out." Oh Father, thank you for this promise of salvation that is open for anyone to receive. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I am new - Jason Gray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6YG2NZguc

No comments:

Post a Comment