Monday, August 17, 2026

Look for Opportunities to Hand out Aid

“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10 NKJV


Part of my job as the Race Director for the 7th annual 36-hour Bad Dawg Ultra race that was held over the weekend was to ensure that the ten-mile out and back course was stocked with supplies—namely water, electrolytes, and food—for the more than 100 runners that would be seeking to complete distances from the 12 mile ruck/run to the 100 mile race. 

As you can imagine, this duty is a very important one, specifically when it comes to hydration and especially when experiencing the heat index that we had on Saturday that reached a high of 108. 

This high temp was the very reason I was so intrigued and delighted when I heard multiple reports throughout the day (event started at 6:00 a.m.) from the runners and volunteers that there was a family that had taken it upon themselves to position themselves at one of the longest stretches on the course between aid stations to set up their own “aid station,” consisting of a father-daughter duo handing out cold water bottles from the back of an SUV that was driven by the mother. And not just for a few minutes but for many hours!

Is that amazing for what?

As the Lord would have it, this was something I got to experience for myself when I had the blessing of taking a break just before sunset from my position as Race Director (because I have a great team that can hold down the fort) to go out and pace of one my dear friends, Nadine, for the last ten-mile loop of her race.

As she and I approached this dynamic duo that I had heard about all day, I smiled and thanked them both for their kindness as they handed us a bottle of cold water. I then thanked the Lord for the example of doing good that this sweet family showed.

And, you know, this example of doing good is the exact example that the family of Christ should be showing every chance they get.

You see, the Bible is clear that “as we” ( that “we” meaning believers) have opportunity, that we are to “do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” 
This means that we aren’t to wait for opportunities to fall into our lap but are to actively look for opportunities to act! 


Why? Because when we seek, find, and do random acts of “good” such as this, we not only inspire the lost to seek out the reason behind our actions (which is always God), but inspire our brothers and sisters in Christ to look for opportunities to “do good” as well. 

So, continually look for opportunities to hand out aid my friend. These random acts of “good” will not only be good to all those around you but will be good for you as well. After all, while our good deeds might bless others, we are the ones that are truly blessed by doing them. 

Heavenly Father, thank You so much for giving us countless opportunities to do good. Lord, please help us to seek and see these opportunities that we might never waste one. It’s in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 
Happy Running!



No comments:

Post a Comment